Thursday, June 2, 2011
This recipe is a quick one after the cut mangoes are soaked for day or two. Since the mango looses it's crispiness soon here, has to be consumed quickly or can be refrigerated for longer use.
Medium sized raw mangoes- 5
Mustard 3 table spoon
Salt 5 table spoon
Chilli Pwd 2 tb spoon(more if desired)
Hing 4-5 pinches
1. Peel the mangoes.
2. Add salt and keep aside for two days. The mangoes will emit water when salted.
3. On the third day take filter out the water in the mangoes and keep it aside.
3. Grind the mustard in the mixer to fine paste(without adding any water).
4. Take the salt water and bring it to boil for 5 minutes.
5. Soak the hing in this salt water.
6. Mix all the ingredients, chilli pwd, ground mustard, mangoes, salt water.
7. Add more boiled salt water if you want more thin consistency.
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
I finally finished 'One flew over the cuckoo's nest' by Ken Kesey y'day. For a while I just ignored my kids, husband and just wanted to read and finish it. Nice book. I had bought this last year while I was carrying, started reading but didn't continue. I felt the story might have some bad effects on me and the baby. Picked up again last week and finished it.