Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Wind Chime from Xylophone

Who doesn't like the tinkling sound of the wind chimes? When there is ample space and constant breeze I think you should hang a wind chime in your home.

                          

I recently came across a post Creative ways to re-use your old toys  from Swapna's blog The Mom Views.
I liked the idea of re-cycling the xylophone to a wind chime. Three of the bars from the xylophone had already come-off, but it could still be played with.  I wanted to try this idea so badly that I took off the remaining ones with children hardly noticing the missing xylophone -:). I tied it to the pergolas in the backyard.
It doesn't look great, but it keeps tinkling all day. That's what I love to hear..





7 comments:

  1. The windchime looks really beautiful Vasudha. Thank you so much for mentioning my blog. Would be hanging around and check out yours too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swapna, you have a great blog. Thanks for visiting mine.

      Delete