Monday, August 10, 2015

Dastkar Nature Bazaar 2015, Bengaluru

Hello there!!!
I had a fabulous time last weekend visiting the much awaited Dastkar Nature Bazaar 2015. I had been waiting for this from a long time and my wait was worth. For us, the people who hardly visit North Bangalore, it was bit difficult to locate Manpho Convention Center Grounds. We faced heavy traffic on our way, I thought my family would backlash me for this but I thank them sincerely for their once in a while devoted patience.
All stalls were colorful, a visual treat for your eyes, I had a hard time in deciding what to buy. At first we had a glance of all stalls to see what is in store.

The patchwork bags, accessories, sling bags, key chains. 


Banana fiber products from Karnataka

Metal crafts from Chattisgarh. I fell in love with the tree, later when I came back for it, it was gone. So sad...



If it is craft exhibition how can we miss the famous Madhubani paintings from Bihar.

The lambani's and their jewelry from Karnataka. Later this woman gave demo of her working. 


Pattachitras from Odisha.


Traditional games

Some miniatures..

 Beautiful baskets

Colorful small pouches, paper wind chimes. I am going to try doing this wind chime at home.


Leather works from Rajasthan.

 Embroidered bags from Gujarat

We bought couple of things which were expensive. After coming home in retrospection, we realized that we should have bought some lesser priced ones. It was bit disappointment compared to the craft melas in other cities like Jaipur, Delhi, Hyderabad. The stalls were less in number but definitely more when compared to other craft fairs in Chitrakala Parishat.
Hope you get to visit this bazaar which is till August 16th.

3 comments:

  1. wow... loved this post loaded with beautiful pics of the exhibition.. Thnks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and interesting handicrafts. Thanks for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete